Class E – Unacceptable materials (A1.5)
- The following materials, listed as unacceptable in MCHW Clause 601 paragraphs 2(ii) and 3, must not be used at any level within the permanent structure of any reinstatement:
- Peat and materials from swamps, marshes or bogs.
- Logs, stumps and perishable materials.
- Materials in a frozen condition. Such materials, if otherwise suitable, can be classified as suitable when unfrozen.
- Clays having a liquid limit exceeding 90, determined in accordance with BS 1377-2 Method 4, or a Plasticity Index exceeding 65, determined in accordance with BS1377-2, Method 5.4.
- Materials susceptible to spontaneous combustion.
- Materials having hazardous chemical or physical properties requiring special measures for excavation, handling, storage, transportation, deposition and disposal.